I remembered when I first started by website design business, I was excited. I had all the skills, the motivation to make my business a success. I started to call and email my contacts.
After a few rejections, I began to have doubts. I felt so low. I didnt had any reasons to keep on hustling for my business.
Then I stumbled upon an article. And the first thing that caught my eyes,” Why do you start?” That got me thinking again. Why did I even start my business? Grabbed a pen and started writing my whys. And that was how I knew why I started doing what I am doing now.
So my friends, here are 5 top questions to ask yourself:
1. What is your WHY. Knowing your WHY you want to start your home business is the very first realisation for you to acknowledge and understand the very WHY you start your business.
2. Is there a demand for your services / products? Know your customers. Is there a problem to be solved or a need to be taken care of. If there isnt one, most probably you are focusing on the wrong thing.
3. What are your competitors doing? Research what your competitors are doing and how they are positioning themselves and what marketing stratagies they are doing helps you to be a better competitor yourself. What makes you different from your competitors?
4. Do you have any capital to start your business? Tools and resources? Use what you have first and expand as you grow. This will minimize your investment risk. Join interactive fb groups, meetups and network online/offline. You will find yourself motivated while you learn from everyone you connect with.
5. Lastly, are you prepared mentally, physically and spiritually to embark on this entreprenuer journey? Do you need a designated schedule to focus on work? Do you need help to take care of the kids while you are having a skype meeting with a client? Are you a morning bee or a night hustler?
Anyone can start a business. But how many business owners are able to sustain their business? All the points above are 5 questions anyone can ask themselves to kick start their entrepreneur journey.
I wish you success!